SAVE TIME, MINIMISE STRESS & FIND YOUR DREAM HOME
House and land packages are new properties sold off the plan, with a range of customisable home designs to choose from. Rather than buying a section and building on your own, a house and land packages allows you to buy a section and the home is built by the same building company. Many of the largescale building companies work alongside the developers to bring these developments to life. It is a very collaborative process working to design homes and gardens to meet their vision for the communities design. Our House and Land Packages minimise the stress that comes with building a home, allowing you to purchase an approved plan from the building company. You will still have the opportunity to work alongside your builder to finish the interior design and put your own unique style into your home.
IS A HOUSE & LANDPACKAGE FOR YOU?
Working alongside your builder and the interior design team, you will find the best design for your budget. This is a really fun and interactive process, enjoy
it! The brunt of the work is done by the builder, designer and developer, they make sure to optimise the plan and design for the unique section you are purchasing. This ensures the specifications and designs are modern and of high quality, which contributes to a lovely sense of community.
Mortgage lenders are very well versed in lending for these packages. The land is settled upon and used for security for your building contract. House and Land packages are also great for working in with Kiwi Saver and Co-funding with Kainga Ora.
House and land packages sell very quickly once they become available. Make sure you have your pre-approved funding in place to secure the package you are after.
BUYING PRE-TITLE SECTIONS
Many of the big subdivisions are sold prior to title – this is another great benefit of house and land packages. As a new homeowner, you are able to lock in the section with your deposit before the title is out. Secure your land today, build tomorrow and enjoy the benefits of the capital gains along the way. Consents can be applied for once your title is through,
with construction starting soon after.
FIND A BUILDING PARTNER
Each builder has a different approach to building, and with this comes varying costs. Choosing a builder can be a daunting task, take the time to research local builders and find the right fit for you and your family. This is a long relationship you are about to enter into, it’s worth taking the time to find the perfect match!
Shop around and visit show homes, this is a great opportunity to look at their building quality and specifications. Take the time to talk to their team, how do they treat you when you walk in the door? Use this time to gain a better understanding about how they work.
A GOOD BUILDER WILL NOT JUST BUILD YOUR HOME
They will also:
• Listen to you and understand your hierarchy of needs and wants
• Have good communication and be transparent with you
• Will take the time to sit down and take you through the whole contract.
• Be experienced locally, they have a local knowledge and great community network to rely on.
• Help you to deliver the best home for your budget
• Share and track a contingency with you, and not mark up price escalations (ideally these price rises should be offset with contingency account built into your contract – so you don’t have to arrange additional finance), anything unspent can be offset against your final bill.
• Be a registered Master Builder – which demonstrates they have a quality and reputation to up hold, but also provides insurance for your build, including a 10 year workmanship guarantee and use of reputable products with good support from their suppliers.
• Use project management software to manage your build and communicate with you once construction begins.
ARRANGE A CONSULTATION
You’ve found a package you like? Great, it’s time to arrange a consultation with your builder’s new home consultant. Your consultant will walk you through the process, helping to identify your needs and wants. From there they will provide you with the Sale and Purchase for the land to secure it, and a draft building agreement for your financer. This may change as you make decisions on your specifications.